Wednesday, March 5, 2008

expectations

i had a really, really rough night earlier this week. the brutal reality of something that has been on my mind for many, many months just finally came crashing down around me. the high expectations i had been holding onto for so long about a certain friendship started crumbling before me and the heartache was overwhelming. but...

God is soooo good.

i grabbed my ipod and had to get out of the house and to the gym just to walk, clear my head, & really ask the Lord why all of the past year had happened. i needed the Lord so bad because i had become so confused and didn't understand any of it. well... needless to say, He met me there in my pain. my mom had given me steven curtis chapman's new cd a while back and i had put it on my ipod and never listened to it. something prompted me in my car to chose that album to listen to and 'miracle of the moment' (the lyrics are below) was the first song that came on. the words overwhelmed me, the tears began flowing, and i literally felt God telling me "it's going to be ok." i think i was also so overwhelmed that my Creator knows and loves me so well & knows how much i love music and used that to comfort me in my devastation. and then continued with the next song "you are being loved" (lyrics also below). wow. that's all i could think
yes it hurt monday night, yes it still hurts sometimes, but i know that God has great plans for my life, & in Him i find my comfort.

Miracle of the Moment by SCC

It's time for letting go,
all of our "if only's" cuz we don't have a time machine.
And even if we did, would we really want to use it;
would we really wanna go change everything.
Cause we are who and where and what we are for now.
And this is the only moment we can do anything about...

So breathe it in and breathe it out,
listen to your heartbeat,
there's a wonder in the here and now;
it's right there in front of you and I
don't want you to miss the miracle of the moment.

There's only one who knows,
what's really out there waiting,
to and all the moments yet to be.
And all we need to know,
is he's out there waiting,
to him the future's history.
He has given us a treasure called "right now"
this is the only moment we can do anything about....

and if it brings you tears,
taste em as they fall let them soften your heart.
And if it brings you laughter then
throw your head back and let it go, let it go yeah...
you gotta let it go. Listen to your heartbeat...

You Are Being Loved by SCC
Do you think love is only for the good enough?
And one thing you're never gonna be worthy of.
But there's a song being sung over you.
By the one who breathed life into you...

You are being loved. You are being loved.
Right now at this very moment, you are being loved.
You are being loved.
Right now you are being loved, loved loved.
You are being loved, loved, you are.

You ought to see the smile you're bringing to your father's face.
You ought to hear him sing his version of "Amazing grace"
Cause that's the song being sung over you,
by the God who breaths life into you...

and with every breath that you're taking
and every beat of your heart e
ven while this song is playing
whatever you do wherever you are.
There's a song being sung over you...

You are loved, loved loved,
you are being loved, loved, you are
You are being, you are being, you are being loved.
You are being, you are being, you are being loved. Right now

There's a song being sung over you
There's a song being sung over you
There's a song being sung over you
There's a song being sung over you
You are being loved, you are being loved

No comments: