Tuesday, December 16, 2008

there is a reason

spring of 2007, i found myself at merlefest, a festival here in nc that celebrates folk music in all of its splendor. it was quite an amazing saturday at the festival & the day ended with the lovely alison krauss & union station. it was the first time i saw them live & i couldn't have asked for a better setting. the spring day quickly cooled as the sun started to set into the backdrop of the north carolina mountains. i was quickly soothed into relaxation by the voice of alison krauss & felt at ease surrounded by the valley where the festival is held in wilksboro, nc.
needless to say, ever since then, i've loved alison krauss. my first experience of her live music was phenomenal.
this morning, while listening to pandora, her song there is a reason came on & a few lines really hung in my ears & continued to play over & over again in my thoughts.
"In all the things that cause me pain
You give me eyes to see
I do believe but help my unbelief"
this is a great reminder to me that even in the painful things of life, the God of the universe uses each & everyone of my experiences, especially the painful ones, to see Him more clearly. so quickly, when the pain creeps in, i want to be angry at God & ask him "why??" but how quickly i need to turn with learning eyes & seek understanding from Him... oh boy... & do i need him on those days to help my unbelief.
i'm so thankful for the gift of music & love how God uses even 1 sentence to open my eyes & touch my heart to learn about His love.
there is a reason
I've seen hard times and I've been told
There isn't any wonder that I fall
Why do we suffer, crossing off the years
There must be a reason for it all
I've trusted in You, Jesus, to save me from my sin
Heaven is the place I call my home
But I keep on getting caught up in this world I'm living in
And Your voice it sometimes fades before I know
Hurtin' brings my heart to You, crying with my need
Depending on Your love to carry me
The love that shed His blood for all the world to see
This must be the reason for it all
Hurtin' brings my heart to You, a fortress in the storm
When what I wrap my heart around is gone
I give my heart so easily to the ruler of this world
When the one who loves me most will give me all
In all the things that cause me pain
You give me eyes to see
I do believe but help my unbelief
I've seen hard times and I've been told
there is a reason for it all.

1 comment:

NatureGirl said...

As usual, well said. I have that live album...it is one of my favorites! I too, love her and Station...