Wednesday, July 22, 2009

{this is me as of now & i'm extremely happy for 2 reasons}
1. i've officially lost 21.5 pounds & i'm 5 pounds away from my goal
2. i'm leaving for one of my favorite places on earth in just a few hours.
beech mountain, nc!
one BIG thing that God is teaching me through this whole weight loss process is that he is molding me into the woman He created me to be. not just physically, but emotionally, mentally, & every other aspect of my life. I've learned so much about eating healthy and what all natural foods can do to your body. we were created to eat this way & our bodies thank us so much when we do, but...
i am also quick to remember. this weight loss is not what defines me.

the following song filled my heart when i was in college. it's entitled "beautiful" by bethany dillon. a positive self-image has been a struggle of mine for years. i wanted to be what i thought was beautiful, but i quickly found that my definition of beauty was what the world has defined as beautiful... physical beauty.

my prayer began to change drasticially & i wanted what Bethany sings in this song. i wanted God to look inside my heart & find me beautiful... from the inside out! i hope you find her words as inspiring as i have!

I was so unique
Now I feel skin deep
I count on the make-up to cover it all
Crying myself to sleep
cause I cannot keep their attention
I thought I could be strong
But it's killing me
Does someone hear my cry?
I'm dying for new life
[Chorus]
I want to be beautiful
Make you stand in awe
Look inside my heart, and be amazed
I want to hear you say
Who I am is quite enough
Just want to be worthy of love
And beautiful
Sometimes I wish I was someone other than me
Fighting to make the mirror happy
Trying to find whatever is missing
Won't you help me back to glory
[Chorus]
You make me beautiful
You make me stand in awe
You step inside my heart, and I am amazed
I love to hear You say
Who I am is quite enough
You make me worthy of love and beautiful

3 comments:

Teach.Workout.Love said...

Congrats!!!!!! u look great!!

Holly Campbell said...

That is awesome!! You look great and you are a inspiration for me to do something about myself!!

Sarah Engel said...

that is amazing! i just discovered your blog, which is lovely. congrats! how did you do it?