Tuesday, November 10, 2009

{live.a.life.of.love}

when i started this blog in december of 2007, the title of {life.the.life.you.love} seemed completely appropriate to me at that time. i was slap dab in the beginning of finding out about living life in my mid 20s & what makes me...well... me. this blog began as a place to share with those around me what i loved about life & in the beginning i challenged my readers to "challenge yourself, be honest with yourself & others, take chances, & remember... LIVE THE LIFE YOU LOVE!"

now God is challenging me to live life in a slightly different way...
-------------------------------------------------
"be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children &
{live.a.life.of.love}
just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for
us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God"
-ephesians 5:1-2
-------------------------------------------------

i'm feeling led to a place in my life where i'm not just living the life i love, but to live a life of love! a slight shift of focus off of myself & the selfishness i so quickly tend to feed. i believe that i am a child of God, loved by Him in a way that reaches beyond my wildest dreams & because of that i want to choose to live a life that honors Him in every aspect. so i move forward with this passage from scripture hidden in my heart & over the next months & years, my prayer is that my heart is for living a life of love to ALL those i come in contact with.

my blog title will be changing to {live.a.life.of.love} by the end of the year as well to reflect my shift in life perspective & i'm super excited about searching for a new design for this special place where i get to share my passion for life with all of you!

ultimately "life is a series of choices... a big combination of moments...little ones that add up to big ones... these choices make you who you are" (taken from GLEE) this is my choice, but i also want to encourage you to choose a life of love. it's not always going to be lovely or easy. life has it's peaks & it has it's valleys, but it all works together for good & i know i have a loving God walking with me every step of the way and i can't even begin to describe to you how personally rewarding it is when you begin giving your life away in love!

there is no doubt about it that i'm still living the life i love...even more so than december 2007!! i'm choosing a life where i'm striving to love the Lord with all my heart, soul, & mind and to love others to the best of my ability!! with this shift, i'm also being nudged to do some new & exciting things. i'm setting new goals for myself & challenging myself in ways i've never done before. i'm excited to share those with you in the upcoming future... i leave you with this verse from proverbs that has been popping up all over the place for me over the past few weeks... and i'm choosing to believe this truth wholeheartedly as life takes me on my next adventure!!
----------------------------------------------------
"trust in the Lord with all your heart
& lean not on your own understanding.
in all your ways acknowledge Him
& he will make your paths straight"
-proverbs 3:5

1 comment:

Fidgeting Gidget said...

Aww, great post! And that last little quote is my favorite proverb!