Thursday, February 11, 2010

{love.is.waiting}

{this is a repost from 3.26.2009 and it still rings true)

a sweet friend of mine sent me the lyrics to this song this morning.
it's true. love is waiting and i truly believe
"when it's time to walk that way, we wanna walk it well"
love is not something i take lightly,
i don't want to rush love, push something that's wrong,
in God's time, all will be well :)
this is a great song & just wanted to share with you!!

"Love Is Waiting"
by Brooke Fraser

In the autumn on the ground,
between the traffic and the ordinary sounds
I am thinking signs and seasons while a north wind blows through
I watch as lovers pass me by
Walking stories - whos and hows and whys
Musing lazily on love
Pondering you
I'll give it time, give it space and be still for a spell
When it's time to walk that way we wanna walk it well

I'll be waiting for you baby
I'll be holding back the darkest night
Love is waiting til we're ready, til it's right
Love is waiting

It's my caution not the cold
there's no other hand that i would rather hold
the climate changes, I'm singing for the strangers about you
don't keep time, slow the pace
Honey hold on if you can
the bets are getting surer now that you're my man

I could write a million songs about the way you say my name
I could live a lifetime with you and then do it all again
and like I can't force the sun to rise or hasten summer's start,
neither should I rush my way into your heart

No comments: