Tuesday, March 2, 2010

{new.music.tuesday}

my morning was made today when i saw matt wertz released his new EP "while we're becoming."  it's playing as right now!  it's a little slower vibe than his last album, but overall i'm diggin' it.  i've already giggled like a school girl watching the new video on his website http://www.mattwertz.com/.  he and dave barnes just crack me up!  my lovely friends are taking me to see matt on my birthday, march 10th, when he makes his way through charlotte with five for fighting. i'm so flippin' excited!  i can't think of a better way of spending my big 2-7 :)

another new album that's been in constant play recently is citizen cope's new EP, "the rain water"  a friend introduced me to his music a few years back and i just love the soulful, chill style that he has.  and it doesn't hurt that he has the most BEAUTIFUL blue eyes.  i know that has nothing to do with his music, but really... it doesn't hurt :)  this album is the perfect soundtrack for cooking dinner on a cold winter night.  it also goes great with a glass of red wine :)
now i know this album isn't so new, but it's new to me.  after seeing lady antebellum perform at one of the major award shows on tv (i have no idea which one it was...woops) i was impressed by their sound and their catchy song "need you now."  i don't claim to absolutley love country (except a little dixie chicks or shedaisy while driving down to the beach), but i really like this album.  hillary scott's voice is on point & they're lyrics are great.  american honey, perfect day, & when you got a good thing have caught my ears so far.
{happy.tuesday}

1 comment:

Fidgeting Gidget said...

I saw Matt Wertz for free at a little community center at Purdue when I was a sophomore....he was awesome!