Wednesday, November 3, 2010

{fashion::able -- mocha club}

the ever-so-wonderful mocha club has now come up with an amazing new venture...
"your purchase of a fashionABLE scarf creates sustainable business for women in Africa. our commitment as a non-profit is to the development of people — fashionABLE works with women who have been exploited due to the effects of poverty. So, when you purchase a scarf you are providing jobs, and then we send the profits back to holistically rehabilitate more women. This is the beauty of non-profit….
scarves provide jobs, profits provide restoration."
i ordered my own fashionABLE scarf that arrived in the mail a few days ago with this tag and honestly it really made me wish that more items i bought had this tag.  the Lord is using this business not to just create sustainable business for these African women, but to truly sustain them... i have no doubt in that and am so thankful that i have the opportunity to be a part of that.
(picture courtesy of my iphone :: hipstamatic app)
the creater of my scarf is Bezuayhu, here she is below.  isn't it amazing to put a beautiful face to a beautiful story??  everytime i see my scarf i remeber to pray for Bezuayhu by name and for the women that will come alongside her in this business... here is her story...
“I am now 19 years old. My parents had passed away and I used to live with my aunts and grandparents. They always wanted me to work and not to go to school. So, I came to the city, and there I came to this life of prostitution. // Now, it feels so good to get up in the morning and say I am going to work. It feels so good to have a scarf named after me. I’m so proud to be called a scarf maker.”

just in time for your Christmas shopping right? 
{happy.wednesday}
aw

No comments: