Thursday, January 6, 2011

{13 days...}

::in 13 days (that's less than 2 weeks!) i will be on my way here::
my heart and my mind are starting to rev up about this trip and i {think} i'm getting excited.  along with that emotion comes a little bit of anxiousness... "what am i really going to see in this 3rd world country?",  "who will i meet?...  and the really scary question "how is God going to use this to change me?"  that last one will catch you dead in your tracks, and i know this because i've feel it.  the Lord is already prompting my heart to be ready...  be ready for something big... something big that i can't exactly, at this point in time, put my finger on, but i feel it's lingering already.

i know that this trip will mean change for me and that brings slight fear.  is it a change of mentality, direction, purpose, or ultimately what i've thought about life up until this point?  maybe all of the above?  i don't know right now, but i'm pressing into that fear because i know out of that will come a beautifully challenging growth.  pressing into that fear through this experience will bring me one day closer to surrendering this life i've been given to where the Lord is calling me.

"then Jesus came to them and said, "all authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.  there go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.  and surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." - matthew 28:19-20

No comments: