Wednesday, June 25, 2008

matt wertz

last night i had the opportunity to see one of my favorites, matt wertz, in concert in a very small, intimate venue. the evening muse in charlotte, nc is located in the NoDa (short for North Davidson) area of the city. It is a very fun, artsy, unique part of charlotte that is being completely revamped. me and a few girl friends ate dinner at cabo fish taco, which i highly recommend, before the show & then headed on over to the concert.

one of NC's own, thad cockrell, opened up the show and put on a nice, relaxing, acoustic set. matt wertz then rocked it with fellow musician, justin rosolino (check him out here playing 29... amazing!) . they both were on point & i'm so glad i was able to see matt in this rare, intimate concert setting. he has been playing much larger shows recently & also signed on to universal republic records (jack johnson & colbie callait's record label) a few months ago and i have a feeling he's on his way up the music ladder. good for him, but i'll miss these small concerts for sure!

here's one of my favorite songs matt sings that is basically matt's expression of God's faithfulness. i've also pasted the lyrics below. love it.

enjoy!
-aw





I will not take my love away
by matt wertz
I will not take my love away
When praises cease and seasons change
while the whole world turns the other way
I will not take my love away
I will not leave you all alone
When striving leads you far from home
And there's no yield for what you've sown
I will not leave you all alone
I will give you what you need
In plenty or in poverty
Forever, always, look to me
And I will give you what you need
I will not take my love away

No comments: