Monday, August 11, 2008

need to find a run near you?

so i found this great website - mapmyrun.com - last week while looking for good routes to run near my new home.

in light of my recent move & my goal to run a 5k sometime this fall, i decided to get on the ball with running outside. this site is a great community where people can post their runs, you can map out your own run & it will tell you the distance, you can keep a personal traning log, list your goals, & so much more. it's a pretty great, *free* -- (that's right... FREE!) -- tool for runners.

i've found a few routes in my area & actually ran one over the weekend with Oliver. he did really well for his first run! can't wait to challenge myself with some longer runs i've found here & maybe create my own!

happy running!

-aw

No comments: