Sunday, September 7, 2008

...only small things with great love

this is one of my most favorite pictures i have in my house. to me it represents a lot. i was a premie when i was born, weighing only 2 lbs. 14 oz. much to my mother's surpise i decided to come into this world at 26 weeks for no real reason other than my mother swears i danced my way out! haha. this picture was one that she's said before, "reminds me of you & how tiny you were." i like that. it also has a great quote from mother theresa.
"we can do no great things... only small things with great love."
oh how i find truth in that statement. i find myself many times at the end of the day thinking "i didn't really do anything of value today." or other days when i feel like i failed at my attempts to live a great life. this helps me to remember that it's in the small, loving things that i do in a days time where i make a difference in this life.
have a great monday & remember the "small things with great love" that you can do today.
-aw

No comments: