Thursday, December 17, 2009

{living life in your sweet spot}

i'm officially in the midst of the beginning stages of trying to give this "photography thing" a shot.  last saturday while i was in prep for my little mountain getaway retreat earlier this week, i was browsing my bookshelf in search of something to help me get my mind going in the right direction and i stopped on this book. 

i've had this on my bookshelf for a while now.  i picked it up on amazon.com about a year ago and never read it.  well let me back up a step... i attempted reading it, but i can honestly say now that i became completely overwhelmed by what the author, max lucado had to say about living life in your sweet spot and put it down.  looking back now, i'm recognizing that the reason i put it down was due to fear... fear of the unknown, fear of actually finding out who i am and what i was created to do, and the fear of actually doing something with that!

how many times are we stopped by fear?

fear can paralyze us if we allow it. 
i wonder how many people are kept from doing
GREAT things they were created to do because of fear.

"for God gave us a spirit not of fear
but of power and love and self-control."
{2 timothy 1:7}

i don't know about you, but that excites me!  i'm excited to take on this new season of life with the spirit that God gave me... NOT of fear, but of power, love, & self-control!  i haven't finished the book yet, but it has been a great stepping stone to help me think forward with the talents i've been given so that ultimately i can begin 
"living my life in the sweet spot!"

what fear is holding you back today?

{happy.thursday}
aw

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Ah, that's so amazing! Yay for awe-inspiring revelations!

Anonymous said...

interesting book!
i tagged you at my post http://afrowrinklemachine.blogspot.com/2009/12/capital.html