Friday, September 9, 2011

{tis.so.sweet.to.trust.in.jesus}

a remake of this old hymn came across my pandora in the wee morning hours last week as i was waking up in my over sized chair in my kitchen, cup of coffee in hand.  these 7 words of this song stuck out so vividly to me and i rolled the words around in my head as it continued to play.

this has been something i've been speaking over and over to myself constantly the last few weeks.  it's a truth i've needed to sink in during this season...

it's on my chalkboard above my sink...
remembering daily the sweetness that is trusting in Him...
hearing that and believing that to my core...
knowing His plan for my life is far better than anything i can create...
just because a door closed does not mean i am not loved...
ultimately His timing is best, not mine...

resting in the absolute peace and sweetness of that is something i don't know that i can eloquently put into words, but it's something so sweet that i never want to forget it and something that will never leave me... and moreover something i pray each one of you will experience through this life.

{tis.so.sweet.to.trust.in.jesus}
aw

No comments: