Sunday, July 6, 2008

BIG life steps : )

so in a whirlwind of 1 whole week, i am officially on my way to being a first time homeowner!!! as of july 4th, i am officially "under contract."
 
the process began after finding out, officially about 2 weeks ago, tha
t 2 of my roommates are moving out of state when our lease runs out next month, i made the decision to buy my first place.  i've been thinking about it for a while now, but honestly the thought totally freaked me out so i just pushed it off, plus i love where i live now & love my 3 roommates.  but i did it.  i made the next big girl step & i'm on my way to being grown up : )

well thanks to the lovely multiple listing search at carolinahome.com ... (i highly recommend this site if you are looking to live in or around the charlotte, NC area - it's the best i've found) ... i've been able to search online for the last few months while the thought of home ownership slowly crept it's way into my mind.  about a week ago i found a little townhouse that i loved, emailed my realtor, & last monday we met to see that townhouse & 2 others that were for sale in the same complex.  

our first stop was "my" townhouse, well the one i know have a contract on, & i knew right away that it was the perfect fit for me.  love at first sight!  haha.  it's about 6 minutes to work & very convenient to dance & bible study for me.  i'm in walking distance to an awesome farmers' market, dilworth coffee (so excited!), 2 parks, the public library, & many other great things!

i'm so excited i can't stand it!!!  our prospected closing date is july 30th which will be here before i know it!!

here are a few sneak peeks at my new place.  current decorations obviously belong to the cute little couple that own it now, but i can't wait to get in & make it my own : )

1 comment:

Unknown said...

AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!! April -- you go girl!!! Congrats, congrats, congrats!!!! I am SOOOOO proud of you. Can't wait to see it.