i love omelets! my roommate in college got me hooked on them when she would make omelets with grilled green peppers, onions, & mushrooms. yummmmmm! well recently in the mountains, my mom has introduced us to zucchini & squash omelets & let me be the one tell you that they are delish! here's how we make them...
- use a cheese grader and grade as much zucchini & squash as you would like in your omelet.
- use a small amount of cooking oil (my favorite is smart balance omega cooking oil) & saute your veggies to your liking.
- you can either use eggs or egg whites (i like egg whites) -- pour your eggs into you omelet pan & cook them until the top is still a little runny.
- add your veggies & cook a little longer on that side
- (optional) add feta cheese, cook a little longer, then flip!
- cook a little more & fold it in half & voila -- you have an omelet!
haha. don't you like my cooking instructions???!! here's my lovely omelet from last weekend.
so check out this crazy storm cloud
we had roll through yesterday
afternoon at work.
isn't it amazing! i love storm clouds.
happy friday everyone!
Post a Comment