do you ever have days where there are so many thoughts & emotions swimming around in your head that you can’t think straight? well today is one of those days for me. the good, the bad, & the ugly have all reared their heads today. things that i’ve listened to, read about, thought about, talked about today have made my mind a jumbled mess. I’m doing my best to sort through them all…
- there’s anger & frustration on the forefront for a friend who has been deeply hurt by her significant other
- hurt for a friend who is struggling in her marriage
- lack of understanding as to why these sweet people are going through these really tough life situations
- fear for the state of our nation’s economy
- utter fury & then extreme heartache over a video that i somehow came across of a mother encouraging her two young daughters -- & by young I mean 5 or 6 years old -- to speak filth & words of anger that i would be ashamed to even think, towards someone she was angry with
- disgust that someone found this funny
- overjoyed for someone who is surviving a double lung transplant & got to leave the hospital today
- confusion over my ignorance in politics & our political system as a whole
- excitement that my bible study starts back tonight & we are going to study the book of Luke
- disappointment as to why, as a woman, I’ve allowed myself to get overly emotionally involved in a friendship that I should’ve seen a longgggg time ago wasn’t going anywhere
- the realization -- after typing all this out -- that I’m an emotional mess some days, but like india arie said, "i know my Creator didn't make no mistakes one me"
& through ALL of this… overall happiness, peace, & thankfulness for my belief that God is good & I need Him everyday.
“Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.”
-Philippians 4: 7 – the message
As always...well spoken. Thank you for the reminder.
Hi...I have been reading your blog today...everyone has days like this when the world comes crashing down. You are in my thoughts
Post a Comment