Tuesday, November 18, 2008

God of Wonders

i truly believe the wonders of God surround me daily & nature is one of God's many wonders that truly leaves me in awe.  i wrote a post a while back about the sun, moon, & stars & how they amaze me (you can read here).  more recently i've been completely taken with the fall leaves all around.  the bright reds, oranges, & yellows make me oh so happy... where am i going with this you ask?  ok, ok... moving onward...

twice this week...& mind you it's only tuesdsay (in case you were wondering :) ... i've heard the song God of Wonders sung by Third Day on the radio while driving in my car.  the first time i really enjoyed the song while taking in the world around me, fall leaves & all, but both times one line of the song completely stood out to me like never before.  (you can read the lyrics to the whole song here) the one line was this...

precious Lord reveal Your heart to me.

as i've studied luke this fall, i'm learning a lot about Jesus & his heart.  i've learned how he responded to people, read about the miracles he did with his own hands, and most importantly i'm starting to gain a better understanding of God's heart.

this one line has become my prayer this week.  in a world & nation that vary greatly .... some dismiss God completely,  some have no understanding of God or who He is, some so called Christians are getting it all wrong, & some who are honestly seeking to know Him more.  regardless of where you stand, my prayer is that the Lord will reveal His heart to all of us.  not necessarily what other's may say His heart is, but i want to know in my head & my heart, God's heart for his people.

i've heard this song many times before, but not until this week, have i heard the urgency in that one line.  we need to know God's heart, who He is, & what He wants of each & every one of us... His true wonders of this world :)

what is God revealing to you today about who He is?

1 comment:

NatureGirl said...

Everyday that I take the time to listen, I know that God is always very much aware of each of us. Lately, I have been particularly aware that He brings certain people into our lives when we need them most. Thank you for sharing...