Wednesday, June 24, 2009

operation weight loss update!

it's only by God's grace that i've been able to complete the last week, but i did it! through lots of prayer & lots of support from the fam & friends, i was able to make it through the last week on this new lifestyle change of eating. i made it through a friday night out to dinner with friends. i ate before hand & just enjoyed the company of my friends. made it through our "single mingle" later that night without a drink or snacking on any of the foods there. made it through a weekend in the mountains, & am here today to tell you i actually feel great!

my diet now consists of a balance of proteins such as chicken, turkey, fish, beef with a balance of carbs through mostly vegetables and a few fruits. for this first phase i've had to completely cut out breads, pastas, COFFEE (i was really sad about that one), sugars, etc. i prayed & asked God to give me a willpower & determination to get through this & He most definitely has come through & i've been able to abstain from EVERYTHING that i'm not supposed to eat.

the first few days were pretty rough while my body was detoxing and getting rid of all the "toxins" i've been taking in, but my energy is starting to really come back. the 5k training has been put on hold for a week or two while i get back up to full speed.

... and now for the really good news...

i've lost 6 3/4 pounds and 8 1/2 inches combined
between my neck, bust, arm, waist, hips, & thigh

the last week has also made me very aware of how quick i am to take for granted the fact that i have fresh, healthy food at my disposal at any time i want it. all i have to do is walk in any grocery store & there it is. i'm very grateful to have this food and the ability to take care of my body & i've made the decision to embrace this new eating for the rest of my life.

the hunger i've experienced over the last week has also made me think a lot about those less fortunate than me. there are way too many people in this world that go hungry. can you imagine not having meals everyday or having to dig through trash to find food scraps? i've been selfish until now to not think twice about what i ate.

now i am so thankful for the food i've been eating
& can't wait to see how my body changes further!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you! Keep it up and I'll keep praying for you. Love, Mom