Thursday, February 10, 2011

{africa :: part 1}


God blew me away with His extravagant love in Africa... His love for these people He knows by name in Africa, the orphans in the slums, the children in Gulu, the adults in the medical clinics, the football players on the field, the amazing Sports Outreach staff... and surprisingly He blew me away, yet again, for His deep, deep love for me.

day 1 and 2
 beautiful, beautiful baby.
right away, they welcome us with song, worship, and big beautiful smiles.  the joy in this place and their love for our Creator is so evident 
 God's love is even blatantly evident even in His animals on Koro Farm, run by Sports Outreach
 let the football games begin!  so much fun had by all in the sports clinics
 coach klotzy... let's just say that he has an amazing gift and he is defintiely doing what he is living and doing exactly what the Lord created him to do.
 day 1 of medical clinics with nurse kasey who lives in kampala and joined our team for our time in uganda
 every patient was prayed over.  Lord, even now, bless these people!
 my FAVORITE shot from Gulu, Uganda.
me and the medical team.  i can work a pharmacy!
 a little bit of heaven equals loving on these beautiful babies while thier families see the doctors and nurses.
 sharing personal stories and God's love for them.  taking the Gospel to Uganda
 what a beautiful place with amazingly beautiful people
very glad to report even after days 1 and 2 it was VERY evident that the Lord is alive and well and moving in BIG ways in Uganda.
"the Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save.  He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over your with singing" :: zephaniah 3:17

to be continued...

1 comment:

Katie Perdue said...

april, I am not even sure how I ran across your blog- but I have been blessed by it. I've never been to africa, but it is a part of my heart and I've loved reading through your journey. and I LOVE the verse at the beginning. thanks for sharing- and I look forward to seeing more!
Katie