Friday, May 30, 2014

big moves.

well.  it's official.  at the end of august i will be moving to NASHVILLE, TN and i could not be more excited.  a lot of people have asked what i will be doing there so i thought i'd blog some insight into this big move.

a few months ago a dear friend of mine, haley george, told me she and her wonderful roommate were leaving charlotte when their lease ended to move back to nashville and in passing she said "you should come too"... and that got my wheels turning.  "why not?" was all i could think.  just one year prior we had been in nashville and i thought while there "this is a city i could see myself living in."  now a year ago would i have thought i would be making this announcement?  NO WAY!  this idea of moving started so organically with a "why not?" to something that has been pressing further and further into my heart... further into my hopes and fears... further into my desires to know my God greater. 

you may remember this post from a few short weeks ago where i wrestled with my comfort zone and the abundant life i believe is just outside of that.  i believe this move something that the Lord has set before me that will stretch me, that will grow me, and that will bless my soul in more ways than i can begin to imagine.

i currently do not have a job lined up, but have started the search.  i've worked a great job for the last 9 years in the insurance world, but my heart and passion did not lie in my full time work.  my hope and dream is that the heart, passion, and talents the Lord has given me can be used in my daily work.  this is what i'm searching for in nashville.  want to hire me? 

i'm very excited for new friends in nashville and cultivating the few friendships i have there.  i will miss SO many aspects of life in NC as my life here was really, really good.  my family and friends will be missed greatly.  this move for me is so bittersweet, but i press on... leaving something really good for something that i believe in my heart will be greater.  Jesus is calling me to step out in great faith and i'm saying YES.  an emphatic YES at that.

my prayer for a long time has been romans 8.  i pray my love for Jesus is multiplied, that i learn how to reflect Him to all those around me, that i learn to love well, to trust well, and truly lean into His promises for my life.

yes.  nashville is a big move, but i'm adventurously expectant.

::this resurrection life you received from God is not a timid, grave-tending life. It's adventurously expectant, greeting God with a childlike "What's next, Papa?" God's Spirit touches our spirits and confirms who we really are. We know who he is, and we know who we are: Father and children. And we know we are going to get what's coming to us—an unbelievable inheritance! We go through exactly what Christ goes through. If we go through the hard times with him, then we're certainly going to go through the good times with him!::  romans 8:15-17 {the message}

No comments: