Tuesday, March 30, 2010

have i mentioned my love affair with jack johnson yet?  mayyybeee? but here it goes again.  in the spring of my senior year of high school, i was headed down to folly beach, just outside of charleston, sc to learn how to surf with some friends, when one of them hands me a cd and says... you've GOT to listen to this, i think you'll love it!  and so began my love affair with jack johnson's brushfire fairytales.  it was love at first listen!
since 2001, his lovely melodies have taken the world by storm and i've loved every album that he's made.  jack's music takes me to a seriously happy place and one of my favorite things to do is to put my "jack johnson" playlist on with the sun shining in my house or driving down the road on a sunshiny day, so you can imagine my excitement when i discovered yesterday that he will releasing a new album, "to the sea," in june of this year. 
{oh wow, i'm stoked}

here's a little sneak peak into the first single "you and your heart" from the new album

and can we talk about that full head of hair and scruffiness he's got going on for just a minute?  i'm a little ashamed to admit that if he didn't have a wife/family and i lived in hawaii, you better believe i'd probably hit on him if i randomly ran into him.  that scruffiness is my weakness! ...what can i say?  :)

{happy.tuesday}
aw

1 comment:

Fidgeting Gidget said...

I love love LOVE JJ. I saw him live in Indy once and I'm hoping to see him in Toronto when he comes through this summer.