Tuesday, December 28, 2010

{2010... what a year you've been}

WOW!!... how cheesy was that blog title?  ...but seriously... 2010 has been quite a year, but if you would've asked me at age 20, one that i never thought i would have in my lifetime and definitely not at 27.  While having lunch with a friend from my lifegroup the other day, she was telling me how far i've come this year even though it might not be measurable by a marriage or a baby, I've come a long way. (this was said because in my lifegroup alone there have been 2 weddings, 1 engagement, 5 babies born, and 1 more on the way... yup)  ...and ever since our lunch meeting i've been really thinking about my life in 2010...

- I decided to pursue photography and signed up for an 8 week course to learn more about the craft.

-I shot my first engagement shoot in march with my cousin & her fiance and then their wedding in august

- I traveled to Philadelphia, Nashville, and New York City for work and play.

- I turned 27 and got one of the best surprises ever... my beloved Canon 5D Mark II


- I set up and completed a few couples, engagement, baby, and family shoots with friends to get to practicing on my photography skills that I've learned


-One of my photos was used for a marketing campaign with Mountain Khakis

-My life crossed paths through mutual friends with the wonderful Elizabeth Marx and I began working with her company, Almond Leaf Studios, as a 2nd shooter for weddings.

- I travelled to Dallas, TX for the wonderful Love Affair Workshop and had an amazing time learning more about photography and met some great friends!

-Fed my love of music - 2010 Concert Recap - Mat kearney and Ingrid Michaelson, Shane and Shane, Matt Wertz, Dave Barnes, John Mark Mcmillan, Music on the Mountaintop festival in Boone, NC, The Infamous Stringdusters, Thad Cockrell, Needtobreathe, and The Civil Wars


-The season with having my best friend of 22 years, e, as my roommate came to an end after a year and 1/2, which means I'm living by myself for only the 2nd time in my life

-Started attending New Charlotte Church and volunteering with 1st through 5th graders on Sunday morning in The Warehouse.

- committed to going to UGANDA, AFRICA in January 2011 with Sports Outreach Institute AND agreed to be the official photographer for the trip under Silent Images 

-...and many, many other wonderful things!!

...and when I look at it that way, I see the Lord's hand in my life in big ways and my friend was right, I have come a long way in 2010 despite my so-called "failures."  I feel incredibly blessed and cannot WAIT to see what's in store for 2011.  I pray that as doors open, that the Lord would make it absolutely clear that I am taking the right steps in 2011 and I pray that my heart seeks Him more than any other year of my life and that I will have the courage and faith to take whatever steps He calls me too even if they're absolutely scary and outside of the box of what I think my life should look like. 

{aw}

2 comments:

Unknown said...

really beautiful post! it is hard to realize all of the amazing opportunities & experiences we have, until we really sit down and think about them-- you are a very inspirational woman and i really envy the relationship you have with the Lord. glad I was able to meet you at the Love Affair Workshop.

Beth Anne Hughes said...

April, this is wonderful and inspiring! It's encouraging to look back and have hope for the future. Thanks so much for sharing.